Job Design Concepts, Inc
Influencing Others On-Site Training
This interactive session will improve the way you communicate to and across teams � and across functions.
Influence skills are essential in today’s cross-functional workplace to be
successful and achieve results. The goal is to get people working for and with
This interactive session will improve the way you communicate to and across
teams – and across functions. The workshop offers practical, hands-on experience
with skills that can be leveraged to gain commitment, increase productivity, and
produce targeted results.
- Build credibility and trust with others
- Appreciate the significance of different
approaches to influence
- Follow a seven-step model of influence
and realize how to succeed at each step
- Identify the difference between
persuasion and coercion
- Recognize importance of exchange and
reciprocity in influence
- Know your own influence style
- Learn how collaboration can avoid
- Use templates to organize your thoughts
and prepare persuasive communications
- Building relationships; what’s trust got
to do with it?
- What is credibility and why does it
matter in influence?
- What approaches are possible
- Seven steps to influencing successfully
- Your influence style and how to use it
- The key to collaboration
- The Interdependency Model of Influence
- What’s in your exchange portfolio?
- Negotiating strategies
- The Influence Planner tool
- Putting it all together
- Instructor presentation
- Full-group discussion
- Small-group interaction
- Individual exercises
- Practice exercises
Participants at the communication training workshop are encouraged to send an
email within three months following the training workshop and can expect a
personal reply to assist with their learning experience.
Time: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Location: Madison Centre, 4950 Yonge Street, Toronto
This communication skills training workshop can be delivered at your location in
and outside of the Toronto area.
Add to favorites
Email this page