This workshop provides students with the knowledge and skills to develop data-access applications by using the Microsoft .NET Framework and Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. The workshop describes how to access and update data in a database by using ADO.NET.
Who Should Attend:
This workshop is intended for corporate and Independent Software Vendor (ISV) application developers who have a desire to learn more about specific technology areas in distributed application development.
At Course Completion:
After completing this workshop, students will be able to:
- Connect to databases and read data.
- Query and update databases by using commands.
- Perform transactional operations.
- Perform disconnected operations programmatically.
- Perform disconnected operations by using Visual Studio 2005 wizards.
- Perform XML operations on disconnected data.
- Read and write XML data.
- Process XML data by using the Document Object Model DOM.