National Seminars Group
Advanced Training for Microsoft Excel On-Site Training
An intensive day of training that puts you in command of Excel’s most advanced features and functions
Thanks to an exciting training opportunity coming
to your area, you can get up to speed fast on the most advanced features for
improving your efficiency and expanding your capabilities in Excel.
Advanced Training for Microsoft® Excel, a comprehensive one-day
learning event, has been developed for Excel users who’re ready to put this
amazing software to work for amazing results.
Excel, the longstanding powerhouse of spreadsheet software, is one of the
most commonly used business applications on the planet. As an Excel user, you
know that the software has unlimited capabilities for making your job easier and
less stressful. But learning the countless features available to you can be a
daunting task. This workshop will teach you the most advanced features and
functions Excel offers – taking your level of proficiency from basic to
advanced. After one day of training you’ll be amazed at how this powerful
program can work for you.
What You'll Learn:
- Use Visual Basic for Applications to create macros that will execute
scores of commands with a single click.
- Analyze millions of cell values and distill that data into meaningful
information you can use.
- Let VBA walk you through setting up simple macros that can create
reports, generate statistics, and develop new data files.
- Build macros that not only create monthly reports but automatically
reset each team member’s worksheets with new YTD and quarterly totals.
- Use the Visual Basic Editor to enhance the power and flexibility of your
- Create interactive macros that will prompt users for required data and
check entries for accuracy.
- Quickly develop dialog sheets with text boxes, radio buttons, check
boxes, and pull down lists for more accurate data entry.
- Set macros to utilize logical constructs such as If … Then statements to
perform data evaluation and correction for your users.
- Automatically generate reports, graphs, statistics, and totals from data
entered by multiple users in a shared workbook.
- Quickly publish your Excel workbook with graphs, charts, and reports as
a Web page – complete with interactive options.
- Quickly, cleanly draw out crucial records with the AutoFill and Advanced
- Let Excel’s PivotTable and PivotChart features manage millions of cell
values to create useful statistics in just seconds.
- Use statistical, financial, database, and other functions to provide
unmatched accuracy and reliability to your department and corporate reports.
- Easily create sophisticated graphs that shine with professional polish
with the tips and tricks you’ll learn.
- Download extensive Internet data onto an Excel spreadsheet and quickly
organize it into useful reports and statistical analysis.
This training has been designed for Excel users who’re ready to tap into
the advanced features and functions for increased efficiency and productivity,
and for greater capability to analyze and share data.
- Managers and supervisors
- Office managers
- Accounting and finance professionals
- Administrative assistants
- Project managers
- Sales managers
- Business professionals
- Anyone who generates reports, analyzes data, or uses spreadsheets in
Easy Editing Techniques
- Using the Advanced Filter and AutoFilter to display the information you
- Controlling multiple ranges with AutoFill
- Extracting filtered ranges
- Using multiple criteria for creating advanced filters, databases, and
- Time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Setting up shared workbooks
- View users sharing a workbook
- Change the updated frequency
- Merging shared files
- Creating pull-down menus for shared workbooks
More Than Your Basic Macro
- Macro review: Running, stopping, and pausing macros
- Assign macros to buttons and objects
- Starting Visual Basic Editor (VBE)
- Using VBE to create new macros and edit existing ones
- Using Variables in macros
- Creating interactive macros
- Debugging macros with the Step feature Editing Steps for Macros
- Editing existing macros from the macros menu
- Editing existing macros using Editor
- Streamlining your access to VBA modules with Project Explorer
- Where to find free Visual Basic Code for macros
Formulas and Functions
- Building complex formulas quickly and easily
- Using the Function Palette and cutting your work time in half
- Using key logic functions If, And, Or, and Not to make data more usable
- Creating conditional formulas
- Using Match, Index, V, and HLookup in large worksheets
- Manipulating text entries with Excel’s extensive set of functions and
Using Analytical Options
- Using Goal Seek and Solver
- Working with the Analysis Toolpak
- Working with scenarios to analyze data and equations
- Working with view options
Advanced Charting, Tables, Databases, and Lists
- Using auditing to create a visual map of your data
- Creating custom charts for added interest and relevance to your
- Exploring database functions
- Working with data forms
- Creating data tables
- How to create and manage PivotCharts and Tables
Add to favorites
Email this page