National Seminars Group
The Ultimate Supervisor's Workshop On-Site Training
Two full days of intensive training on the critical skills you need to succeed as a supervisor!
Gain Fresh Ideas and New Solutions in Two Highly Interactive, Incredibly
Powerful Days of Learning
No one ever said supervising others was easy.
If you sometimes feel overwhelmed, over-stressed and frustrated by the
extraordinary responsibilities that go hand in hand with being an effective
supervisor — don’t worry … you’re not alone! Most supervisors – both new to the
position and seasoned supervisors – struggle with the same problems you do. And
with today’s changing work environment, your supervisor responsibilities aren’t
going to get any easier.
The Ultimate Supervisor’s Workshop is an intensive two-day
workshop where leaders come for fresh ideas and proven strategies for succeeding
in their tough role. This workshop will help you break free from the road blocks
and develop truly creative solutions.
Become a more effective leader ready to handle every situation – and with
a lot less stress!
Supervising others is a constant juggling act of managing time, people, and
resources. If you’re like a lot supervisors, you were promoted without a lot of
training and have learned mostly by trial and error. With a lot of pressure and
added stress! This workshop will give you the skills you need to take charge of
your time, manage resources more efficiently, and effectively lead your people
to extraordinary results!
Gain innovative, fresh ideas to solve the challenges and problems you face
If your creative pool has become stagnant … if you shoot down ideas before
they’ve even developed … if you’re stuck in the “we’ve always done it this way”
mentality – chances are, you’re ingenuity is at a stand-still! Attend this
workshop and you’ll gain new ideas ... fresh approaches for dealing with today’s
challenges ... new solutions for handling your toughest problems.
Learn proven methods that work for supervisors in top organizations
Why spend time reinventing the wheel, when you can learn what’s working in other
organizations? This workshop covers up-to-the-minute information, “best
practices” from today’s most successful corporations, hot management issues and
the “nuts-and-bolts” knowledge you need to excel as a supervisor.
This workshop will give you dozens of new ideas for:
- Creating more time for yourself
- Organizing your department to boost efficiency
- Helping your people prioritize their work
- Turning around problem employees
- Motivating your people to perform at their absolute peak
- Becoming a more confident, credible leader
- Recruiting, hiring and keeping star performers
- Developing new and innovative ideas to solve your same old problems
Don’t miss this exciting chance to take your supervisory skills to a whole
new level of effectiveness.
The truth is, you owe it to yourself, your people and your organization to
attend this workshop. Space is limited to optimize one-on-one interaction – so
make plans to attend right now. Don’t let an opportunity like this one get away!
What You'll Learn:
Ten BIG Reasons to Attend This Workshop
- You’ll enjoy a unique opportunity to spend two full days addressing the
supervisory issues and challenges that concern you most.
- You’ll learn to counsel, coach and inspire your people to excel, without
driving them too hard or too fast.
- You’ll bring greater peace and harmony to your department, and create an
all-for-one mentality among your people.
- You’ll stop procrastinating when it’s time to confront or discipline
- You’ll get more accomplished each workday – and spend less time catching
up at night and on weekends.
- You’ll become a strong, supportive role model for your people.
- You’ll guide your employees successfully through workplace turmoil, chaos
- You’ll command more respect and gain more recognition for your efforts on
- You’ll learn to build — and keep — a staff of enthusiastic, competent
- You’ll discover extraordinary results when you begin to think and act more
like a leader, less like a supervisor.
Who Should Attend?
Managers, supervisors, team leaders, directors — all types of people who
supervise others — will be participating in this workshop.
From innovative problem-solving approaches to powerful new solutions for a
variety of supervisory challenges, this workshop is packed with the knowledge
you need to perform your job better, no matter how much (or how little)
supervisory experience you have.
The Changing Role of the Supervisor
- The most common mistakes supervisors (both newcomers and veterans) make
and how to avoid them
- How to spend more time “leading” and less time “bossing” your people
- From GenY-ers to Sixty-Somethings — employees aren’t like they used to be!
- Tips for supervising telecommuters, flex-time, part-time and shared-time
- How to put the power of diversity to work — and build a cohesive,
collaborative team by celebrating individuality
- The future of technology: What does it mean to you as a supervisor today?
Breaking Through Boundaries — Creative Thinking for Supervisors
- How to solve typical problems through atypical thinking
- Brainstorming techniques for flushing fresh, original ideas out into the
- How to kick-start creativity in your team and yourself — and break free
from the “tried and true”
- How to stop thinking “we’ve always done it that way” and start thinking
“we can do it differently and better”
- How to foster a work climate where creativity can thrive
- Use time-honored principles to help you handle problems
Communication Essentials for Supervisors
- How to say “no” without arousing offense in others, or guilt in yourself
- Techniques to make sure your people “hear you right the first time” when
you give them direction
- How to add more power, energy and effectiveness to your spoken words
- How good a listener are you? Find out here
- Tips to boost the impact of your e-mail and written communication
- How to offer the right feedback at the right time
Learning to Lead So That Others Will Follow
- Learn ways to offer your people direction without giving them answers
- How to identify and develop the core competencies all effective leaders
- What kind of a leader are you right now? Learn to assess your leadership
skills, play up your strengths and minimize your weaknesses
- Delegation: Your secret weapon for boosting personal productivity
- Ways to get your people to support your ideas, follow you and believe in
- How to develop your skills as a “big- picture thinker”
- Using positive assertiveness to negotiate, influence and build win- win
relationships with others
- Are you “everybody’s best friend”? How to maintain the right amount of
distance between your employees and yourself
Giving Your People Motivation, Guidance and Direction
- The #1 employee motivator (hint: it’s NOT money!)
- What your people really want from you (and how to give it to them)
- Are you unknowingly giving your best workers negative reinforcement?
Here’s how to tell
Add to favorites
Email this page