National Seminars Group
Understanding & Managing Sales & Use Tax On-Site Training
Save your company big bucks ... while staying out of legal hot water
Are you one of
the many organizations OVERpaying or
UNDERpaying sales and use taxes?
Chances are, if you’ve not attended this comprehensive
workshop, you may very well be. And that puts your organization at a serious
If you’re OVERpaying — you’re throwing money away!
And, it may be more than you think possible! Even small
overpayments over time can add up to big bucks — bucks that should be going
to your organization’s bottom line. You and your organization work hard for
your money — throwing it away just doesn’t make sense.
If you’re UNDERpaying — watch out for rough water ahead!
Make no mistake: The consequences of underpaying sales and use taxes can be
severe. First, you can expect to undergo an excruciating audit. Next, your
organization will be slapped with some potentially heavy penalties, be
ordered to pay back taxes plus interest, and maybe even wind up with some
steep legal bills. And, in some cases, you may be held personally
accountable for tax mistakes (yikes!).
When it comes down to the dollars and cents that drive
your organization, it pays to fully recognize your sales and use tax
obligations. Attending this workshop is just a small investment of time and
money, but it’s a critical investment for professionals committed to
achieving a healthy bottom line.
struggle to keep up with sales and use tax laws and regulations when this
workshop gets you up to speed in just one day?
Are you struggling with sales and use tax laws and
regulations? You’re not alone! In fact, professionals across the nation
agree that computing, tracking, and filing sales and use taxes are the
toughest, most time-consuming responsibilities they face.
Perhaps you can relate to some of the most
common complaints ...
“Tracking and handling sales and use taxes take a lot of
“The laws are confusing, varying from state to state and area to area.”
“The forms are complex and often unclear.”
“The rules are always changing and it’s hard to keep on top of the new
“No one seems to be able to answer my toughest questions.”
Sound familiar? We understand that without the proper
tools and information, handling sales and use taxes can be an arduous,
frustrating, seemingly impossible chore. But, it doesn’t have to be that
Understanding and Managing Sales & Use Tax
gives you the solid know-how you need to feel confident in your ability to
handle the many complexities and challenges that come your way. It presents
difficult concepts and confusing terminology in a clear, easy-to-understand
manner, and provides you with the most up-to-date information available.
We’ve done our homework, so you don’t have to!
- Fully understand your real sales and use tax
- Are you over- or underpaying? Find out how to know for
- Frustrated by how much time is involved in filing and
maintaining sales tax records?
- Gain invaluable shortcuts that’ll cut that time in
- Learn little known business strategies that minimize
your sales tax obligations
- Discover the most common tax mistakes ... and learn how
to avoid them!
Top of Page
Anyone responsible for the accounting and tax preparations
practices for any size of organization. Have you ever wondered....
- How can I be sure I’m paying all the taxes I owe?
- Where do you go to find the most current regulations
regarding state and local sales taxes since they seem to be changing all
- Which items and services are taxable? Which aren’t?
- How do I determine whether I’m exempt from any sales
and use taxes?
- I may have overpaid taxes in the past — what can I do
about it now?
- What are the most common mistakes made in filing sales
and use taxes and how can I avoid them?
- What items should I keep a detailed record of in case
of an audit?
- We’re really tight on people resources — are there any
ways to streamline the tax filing process?
- The tax laws are so complicated — can you give me a
plain English explanation of what they mean?
- Are there any tax breaks that my organization should be
taking advantage of?
- What are the real consequences of underpaying?
- Are there any items that are taxable that I don’t know
- Who is responsible for paying which taxes — my
or our customers?
- Are there any legal ways to reduce my organization’s
- What are the most effective and efficient ways to
Sales and Use Taxes — in Plain English
- Sales and use taxes defined
- The government definition of a “sale”
- When does a “sale” occur?
- A sure way to determine which persons and businesses
are taxable and which are exempt
- When are sales and use taxes applicable? Here’s how to
know for sure