National Seminars Group
Management and Leadership Skills for Administrative Professionals On-Site Training
The Demands Admins Face Are Greater Than Ever. Are Your Skills Up to Date?
Project management. Communication. Emotional intelligence. Managing
change. Giving feedback. Productivity. Office politics. Making decisions.
Problem solving. Negotiating.
And that's just for starters. There's no doubt that your job has changed over
the past few years. As a successful, competitive administrative professional,
you must have the skills it takes to drive results in your organization. With so
many essential responsibilities on your plate, it's hard to find the time you
need to stay up to date and learn what you need to have today to be successful
This new workshop delivers the latest best-practice strategies for:
- Managing competing priorities with less stress
- Giving feedback that gets results
- Handling difficult people with confidence
- Getting things done through others -- easily
- Defusing conflict with finesse
- Identifying negotiation opportunities you face every day
- Building a network that moves you forward
- Embracing change and using it to your advantage
- Solving problems without turning to your boss
Take on Management and Leadership Challenges With Confidence
Today's leaders expect you to have the management skills it takes to manage
your time ... set priorities ... and get results without micromanagement. In
fact, every skill you have today is a management and leadership skill. From
project management to communication to handling office politics, this workshop
takes your skills and weaves in a leadership approach guaranteed to take your
skills to the next level.
When you return to work, you'll become a leader who gets results. And with
that comes recognition and opportunity.
Return to Work Motivated and Recharged
By investing just a little time in yourself, you can learn the latest tools and
techniques success-minded admins are using today. You'll get a break from the
busy day-to-day responsibilities and take time to focus on you and your career
without interruptions. You'll have the time to think clearly and return to work
refocused and motivated to go above and beyond your own expectations.
Enroll today in this one-day workshop and put your newfound skills to work
for you and your organization.
Your Role as a Manager and Leader
- How the admin role is changing and why more is coming your way
- How to effectively assume a leadership role when you're not officially
- Delegation how-to's -- get more done through others
- Understand what your boss and/or bosses expect of you
- Confidently know when to handle it yourself or take it to your boss
- 4 things you can do to impress any leadership team
- How to incorporate growth into your job
Communicating With Influence and Confidence
- Email blunders you'll never make again!
- Secrets to creating clear, concise communication -- even on the fly
- Creating the communication loops you need to stay in the know
- Not too pushy -- and not a pushover: assertive communication musts
- Presentation dos and don'ts -- what every leader must know
- Nonverbal communication dos and don'ts
- The art of active listening and how to use it to your advantage
Managing and Leading People
- What a leader is and isn't
- How to lead when you aren't in the position of authority
- What to do when you've been given authority and your peers don't accept
- How to get things done through others -- the art of delegation
- The keys to effective feedback that get results (and keeps you in the
- Leadership and motivation: tips from today's top leaders
Decision-Making & Problem-Solving Skills
- Keys to breaking down tough, complex problems into manageable parts
- Weighing the risk vs. reward of any decision
- Top problem-solving techniques that'll help you reach decisions more
- How to efficiently solve problems in a group
- A quick model guaranteed to help you make the right decisions
- Know when to bring a problem to your boss ... and when you shouldn't
Handling Change With Confidence
- Types of change you could face and how to deal with them
- Dealing with those who refuse to accept change
- Ideas for handling stress and anxiety that come with change
- How to get things done when priorities are shifting
- Knowing if you're moving forward or holding yourself back
Negotiating With and Managing Vendors & Suppliers ... and Everyone
- Tips and tricks your vendors don't want you to know
- How to negotiate for great prices, terms, and service
- How to handle people who simply won't compromise
- Identifying situations that you negotiate in every day
- Tips for exuding power and influence, even when you don't feel like you
Prioritization, Time Management, and Project Management Essentials
- Aligning your priorities with your boss'
- 80 hours of things to do, 40 hours to do it in -- What do you do?
- Developing realistic project plans
- Taking the chaos out of your everyday schedule
- What to do when change threatens to throw you off track
- When everything's urgent -- how to know what's really most important
- Is your to-do list more like a this-all-is-going-to-dome-in list?
- What to do when multiple bosses have multiple priorities -- and there's
only one of you!
- Resource management ideas for when you're doing more with less
- Finance and budgeting tips that key project managers need to know
Office Politics, Difficult People& High-Stress Situations
- How to keep from getting caught in the middle of others' issues
- Working with people you don't like, or who seem to not like you
- Conflict management techniques that'll keep stress at bay
- Pressure and anxiety relievers that make any situation less stressful
- Find out your emotional IQ and why it's so important
Professionalism 101: Keys to Increasing Your Credibility & Winning
- The #1 thing you must do to be seen as invaluable
- 7 credibility robbers: How many are you guilty of?
- Stepping up to more responsibility -- why it's essential for career
- Behaviors and habits that could be holding you back
- Tips for staying flexible and why its critical to your success
- Getting the coaching and mentoring that every leader needs