Managing the Front Desk - Securely and Effectively On-Site Training
Don't miss this opportunity to sharpen your instincts, improve your skills and gain more respect for the vital job you do.
You’ll learn …
- How to spot and correct potential safety or security risks at the front desk
- How to maintain your calm … even when events or others around you are out of control
- Powerful phone skills that will help you handle multiple calls with confidence and ease
- Specific things you can do right now to project an image that commands respect
- Plus much, much more!
In just one hour, you’ll learn dozens of powerful, practical techniques to master the many high-impact responsibilities of the front desk.
As a front desk professional, you’re one of the most important people in the organization … handling one caller’s question while two other lines are ringing, dealing with visitors and deliveries—and serving as the first line of defense against possible threats and security issues.
Here’s your chance to learn how to make your life in this challenging role much simpler. In just one day, you’ll get hundreds of practical tips, techniques and secrets, each designed to give you the cool confidence and professional skills you need to really shine as a front desk superstar. You’ll leave prepared to juggle the demands of multiple bosses, nonstop paperwork, incoming mail and deliveries—and remain in control when everyone thinks their urgent request should be your No. 1 priority!
You’ll learn powerful new skills you can put to work your first day back at your high-demand job.
Message to approving managers:
Your front desk staff is vital to the image, safety and success of your organization. Your approval to attend this in-depth day of training means your personnel will gain new tools and empowering techniques to become even more effective. It’s an opportunity to make an investment that will improve your front desk efficiency and success.
Program hours: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Front-line security: Keep yourself and your company safe
- How to spot and correct potential safety risks at the front desk
- Managing visitors and controlling the flow of front door traffic
- Strategies for screening incoming mail and packages, including what to do in case of a bomb threat
- Life-saving strategies to use when threatening people are in your lobby
- How to respond to a variety of emergency situations, from medical emergencies to fires
- Delivery procedures that are safe, efficient and hassle-free
Telephone skills that make an impact
- Proven phone techniques to calm even the angriest callers
- Essential words and phrases that make a caller feel welcomed and give a great impression of your company
- Tips for dealing with a high volume of calls—and how to diplomatically place people on hold
- Speaking with a smile: How to convey your enthusiasm and positivity through your voice
- An innovative way to stay “up” for every phone call … even if you’ve answered the same question 20 times
Projecting a professional and powerful image that demands respect
- Do others see you as a professional?�Here’s how to ensure that your words and actions make it clear you are
- Key things you can do to gain recognition and expand your role within the organization
- Using your body language to convey a strong, confident presence
- How to say “No” without feeling guilty or causing resentment
- How to handle your all-important role as gatekeeper with poise and polish
- Active listening techniques that will improve your effectiveness overnight
- How to ask clarifying questions so you can get the job done right the first time
Managing your time and getting things done
- Hidden time-wasters in every receptionist’s day and how to avoid them
- Quick stress-busting exercises you can do at your desk without being noticed
- How to juggle multiple responsibilities and the priorities of more than one boss
- Space organization tools that make the most of a small work area
- How to keep from being sidetracked—or totally derailed—by interruptions
- Creating stability in an ever-changing world
Handling stressful situations and difficult people with ease
- 8 great ways to handle difficult people and situations … without getting upset or hurt
- Fast and effective ways for dealing with insistent salespeople who don’t have appointments
- Learn to defuse hotheads before they cause a scene
- 10 things you can do to immediately put visitors at ease … even when they have to wait
- How to handle your feelings of anger and helplessness when dealing with difficult people or unreasonable behavior
- The 3-step solution for changing a customer’s mood from irate to great