National Seminars Group
Improving Employee Accountability On-Site Training
The buck stops here! Eliminate finger-pointing and blame-shifting ... and get people to "own" their jobs once and for all!
Individual Accountability Leads to a Better Workforce
It’s something you’ve seen lots of times before – employees who simply refuse
to take responsibility and accountability for themselves. And it’s a problem
you’d love to get rid of. Unfortunately, that’s not always an easy thing to do.
You’re expected to set clear performance expectations, establish benchmarks,
deliver effective feedback, and have a backup plan when things aren’t working.
And all this while still performing all your other duties. Face it – you need
Improving Employee Accountability was designed just
for you. This fun and entertaining one-day training has the information you need
to improve accountability and become a better, stronger, and more effective
manager right away, without turning you into the villain.
Don’t let irresponsible employees drag productive ones down – learn how to
raise the bar for everyone!
Do you really want to deal with the negativity and poor morale that go
hand-in-hand with a lack of employee accountability? Of course not. And that’s
why you need Improving Employee Accountability.
Sign up for this training and you’ll learn how to:
- Create a happier, better motivated workforce
- Develop an organizational culture that encourages honesty and personal
- Eliminate problems between employees by eliminating fingerpointing and
the blame game
- And more!
Finger-pointing builds a culture of distrust and resentment. Don’t
let it –we can help!
When accountability is lacking, it drags down morale and hurts productivity.
Instead of spending time solving problems and finding solutions, some of your
employees may be more interested in finger-pointing and the blame game. That’s
when it’s your job as a manager to step in and find ways to improve
You need to readjust your staff’s way of thinking and change your
organization’s culture. That’s where Improving Employee
Accountability comes in. This one-day seminar is jam-packed with
proven strategies that you can use right away to start improving employee
accountability and getting better results.
Don’t wait – a better work environment is just around the corner.
Sign up now!
What You'll Learn
- Stop the blame game and the “I didn’t know I was supposed to do that”
game before they start
- Set clear performance expectations
- Criticize in the right way to avoid hurting morale
- Bring responsibility-shy employees on board
- And much more!
The Basics of Employee Accountability
- Finding out if your employees really know what’s expected of them – or
if they’re scraping by thinking they’re doing a great job
- Consistency: the absolute #1 key to employee accountability
- Promoting a sense of accountability in employees with different
backgrounds and values
- How a lack of personal responsibility negatively affects your bottom
Establishing Clear Benchmarks
- Determining individual goals for everyone on your team
- Defining expected results and outlining paths to reach them
- Facts and figures: the importance of quantifiable metrics – and how to
establish them for any position
- Establishing a clear standard to hold everyone to
- Consequences: how to handle employees who aren’t meeting their goals
Delivering Effective Feedback
- Pointing out problems and trouble spots without hurting anyone’s
- Constructive criticism – how good intentions can sometimes cause bad
- Do it now: why it’s better to give feedback immediately rather than wait
- Praise-criticize-praise: a three-step plan for softening the blow of
- Tailoring your message to each individual and why the same approach
won’t work for everyone
Fostering a Culture of Accountability
- Rewarding success: encouraging employees to embrace accountability
- Leading by example – and how to get others to follow
- Do as I say, not as I do; or why executives and managers who don’t take
personal responsibility can’t expect their employees to
- Creating a work experience that instills the right beliefs and values
- Positive reinforcement: rewarding employees who take responsibility
Overcoming the Blame Game
- Pointing fingers – the negative impact it has on morale
- Understanding why people point fingers instead of taking personal
- The impact of attitude on the workplace and how a blame shifter can drag
- How to handle an employee who never takes responsibility for his or her
- “I was wrong”: strategies for getting employees to acknowledge and say
these three difficult words
Overcoming Resistance and Getting Employee Buy-In
- Getting employee commitment and buy-in to goals, achievements, and
- Managing resistance: how to position employee accountability as a
win-win for everyone on the team
- Tips for handling sensitive and uncomfortable performance dilemmas
- Getting employee commitment when transitioning to more accountability
- How to handle that employee who just won’t cooperate