Leading a Diverse Team On-Site Training
You will learn to understand and appreciate all types of people and how one’s historical culture shapes current attitudes and behaviors
Managers and Supervisors
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
As a leader, you must understand the reality and importance
of cultural differences in today's workplace. You will learn to understand and
appreciate all types of people and how one’s historical culture shapes current
attitudes and behaviors. You will learn to promote diversity and differing
perspectives, and create a workplace that is accepting and appreciative of all
types of employees.
- Learn how managing diversity in the workplace can benefit and enhance
- Promote diversity as a positive concept.
- Know how to distinguish between ethnicity and race.
- Examine discrimination and cultural awareness.
- Handle difficult employees and situations.
- Learn conflict-resolution skills that enhance employee relationships.
- Defuse anger and avoid defensiveness.
- Build solid rapport with employees.
- Identify EEO laws and understand the difference between EEO and
- Define diversity, ethnicity and race in today’s workplace.
- Compare the various way, both right and wrong, that people look at
ethnicity and race.
- Analyze the benefits and challenges of diversity.
- Work through a case study on workplace diversity and performance.
- Examine gender and cultural differences.
- Develop an awareness of cultural symbols.
- Examine the effects of discrimination.
- Establish guidelines for mutual respect.
- Identify EEO laws and regulations enforced by the EEOC.
- Compare EEO enforcement vs. mutual respect and diversity appreciation.
- Apply steps for building quality professional relationships.
- Introduce a 5-step method for coping with difficult situations.
- Recover from your own mistakes and the mistakes of others.
- Develop strategies for dealing with difficult people.
- Learn how to communicating during conflict.
- Apply 6 methods for responding to conflict and 7 steps for avoiding
- Identify the "do's" and "don'ts" for defusing anger.
- Discuss coworker styles and how to adapt to those different than your
- Apply 10 guidelines for building trust and loyalty.
- Analyze the Cycle of Synergy.
Add to favorites
Email this page