National Seminars Group
How to Build Strategic Thinking Skills On-Site Training
A practical approach to strategic thinking, problem solving, and decision making. In other words, a day of training that’s absolutely CRITICAL for EVERY success-minded professional!
You’ve Got Challenges. This Training Will Help You Succeed ... We Guarantee
It seems like the new mantra of today’s workplace is "we’ve got to be
strategic about this." But, while there’s a lot of lip service proclaiming the
virtues of strategic thinking, there isn’t a great deal of understanding of what
strategic thinking really is. And that leads to poor strategies.
Unfortunately, when our strategies are weak, so are our results. That’s why
this training is so important.
How to Build Strategic Thinking Skills is an amazing day of
learning that will open your mind to a whole new way of thinking about how you
think through any challenge or problem you face.
You’ll learn how to break down any business situation from a strategic
perspective, identifying hurdles, opportunities, hot issues, and constraints.
Then, you’ll learn to formulate effective strategies for addressing the dilemma
you’re up against ... creating an effective strategic plan and execution
strategy to ensure positive results.
Better Decisions Begin With Strong Strategic Thinking Skills
Want to be a stronger problem solver? Want to make more on-target decisions more
frequently? It all starts with improving your strategic thinking skills.
At this workshop, you’ll learn how to ...
- Challenge conventional thinking
- Read the environment of today and anticipate the environment of tomorrow
- Weigh risks against the potential rewards
- Understand the drivers, strengths, and vulnerabilities of any situation
or business condition
- Articulate your strategies so everyone understands
- Avoid costly mistakes using "what-if" thinking
- Align strategic decisions with critical goals
It’s an incredible, intensive day of training sure to help you be a more
successful decision maker from now on!
What Are You Waiting For? The Smart Strategy Is to Enroll Right Now! Savvy
professionals recognize an opportunity to take their skills to a whole new level
- and, my friend, this training IS that opportunity!
What You'll Learn
- Respond more quickly and strategically in a constantly changing business
- Identify not-so-obvious opportunities in any situation
- Communicate your strategic vision in a way that gains buy-in and
commitment to critical goals
- Learn from the strategy missteps ... and the successes ... of others
- Challenge the status quo and lead your organization to greater success
- Discover how to acquire and evaluate information required to form smart
- Understand organizational barriers to thinking strategically and
implementing new strategic plans
- Learn how to move from strategic thinking to strategic planning
- Access more of your "idea power" than you currently do to generate
smarter, more effective solutions
Strategic Thinking Essentials
- Strategic Thinking Rule #1: Open minds are essential!
- Challenging conventional thinking
- What’s your vision? Seeing possibilities beyond the present
- Thinking big and broadly
- Automatic filters that affect your perception of the world and the way
- Reading the environment of today and anticipating the environment of
- Zoom-in, Zoom-out: looking beyond the picture you see from where you
Strategic Thinking for Better Decisions
- What do you need to accomplish? Focus on the goal
- Weighing risks against the potential rewards
- Intuition or hard fact? Why you need to consider both
- Building adaptability and flexibility into your decisions
- Choices must be made: establishing priorities
- How hiccups and mistakes can be a strategic thinker’s best friend
The Strategic Thinker’s Thinking Tools
- The important role of information gathering in concepting new strategies
- Understanding the drivers, strengths, and vulnerabilities of any
situation or business condition
- Identifying roadblocks and land mines that can throw you off track
- Protecting your "thinking time" - it’s hard to be your strategic best
amidst the hustle and bustle of everyday life
- Questioning strategies: the best answers come from the best questions
- Articulating your strategies: communicating so everyone understands
Creative and Critical Thinking Skills
- The differences among strategic, creative, and critical thinking - and
why all 3 are important
- Creative idea generation - how to come up with lots of outside-the-box
- An oldie but still a goodie for critical thinkers: SWOT Analysis
- Get out of "stuck in a rut" thinking
- Avoid costly mistakes using what-if thinking
- Paradigms: where to look for the next generation of breakthrough ideas
- Using the "Why 5 Tool" to determine what’s really important to you
From Strategic Thinking to Strategic Planning
- Aligning strategic decisions with critical goals
- Critical steps of strategic thinking that guarantee your action plan
- Ground rules for making stronger decisions and plans
- Setting measurable, specific objectives
- Identify organizational barriers that may interfere with new strategic
- Keeping strategic planning simple: the hazards of confusing
"comprehensive" with "complex"
- Resource needs planning: a critical part of any strategic plan
- The strategic planning team - and why it’s never a team of one!
- How to monitor your strategic plan’s effectiveness and recognize cues