National Seminars Group
How to Effectively Supervise People: Fundamentals of Leading With Success! On-Site Training
Practical Skills for Today's Ever-changing, Evermore Complicated Workplaces
Supervision Is All About Outcomes
It’s finding just the right mix of guidance, leadership, motivation, and
discipline to get peak results from unique personalities.
Unfortunately, many supervisors are put into leadership roles without being
taught the skills they need to succeed, so they are underprepared for their
responsibilities. That’s where we come in.
Attending How to Effectively Supervise People: Fundamentals of Leading
With Success! is the fastest, easiest way to master the fundamentals of
leading with success. We’ll help you take the headaches and hassles out of
supervision so you can enjoy the many perks of becoming a highly respected,
highly successful leader. You’ll learn:
- What’s expected of you as a manager and how to surpass those
- How to develop your own management style, minimizing weaknesses and
- Essential communication skills that are required for successfully
- How to deal with different personalities and problem employees
- Keys to motivating and inspiring a high-producing team
It’s a foundational day of learning that will support you for the rest of
your career. So don’t risk missing this extraordinary opportunity: Enroll today!
What You'll Learn
Learn how to:
- Make the most of your unique management style
- Hire high-performers and get them up to speed fast
- Delegate more often and more effectively
- Deliver constructive criticism with care
- Establish clear performance expectations
- Get nonperformers and underachievers to shape up
- Establish yourself as a confident, capable leader
- Management styles: What’s yours? And what’s most effective?
- How to make the transition from doing to supervising
- How your actions affect your team’s performance
- Establishing your authority: how to get respect as "the boss"
Fundamentals of Staffing and Team Development
- Interviewing technique musts for supervisors
- The importance of getting new hires up to speed quickly
- The supervisor’s role as employee trainer
- The unwritten rules of supervising former colleagues and friends
Critical Communication Skills for Leaders
- How to give on-target directions and instructions
- How to clearly communicate goals and performance expectations
- Beware! The dangers of e-mail communication for supervisors
- Proven strategies for offering constructive criticism to sensitive
- How to tell your boss you disagree – without damaging your career!
Getting Things Done Through Others
- 5 signs that you’re micromanaging and how to avoid it
- Why it’s all about getting results through others now
- Time as a resource: how to manage the clock, so it doesn’t manage you!
- Play to their strengths: how to identify employees’ strengths and
- Delegation 101: when to pass the task along, and when to oversee its
Dealing With Employee Performance & Behavior Problems
- 7 signs an employee has lost interest and is "phoning it in"
- Dealing with lazy or careless employees
- How-to's for handling whiners, know-it-alls, excuse-makers, and more
- When enough is enough: when and how to discipline employees
Add to favorites
Email this page