National Seminars Group
Microsoft Excel 7: Tips Techniques and Shortcuts On-Site Training
Attend this skill-boosting one-day workshop and discover how you can harness the power of Excel 2007 and become a "power user"!
EXCEL 2007 is without a doubt one of the most powerful, versatile software
programs ever created!
Isn’t it time you learned how to put the FULL POWER of EXCEL 2007 to work for
The first time you open Excel 2007 you realize – this powerful piece of
software is completely different from all previous versions. It looks different,
functions differently – and getting a handle on it can be a real challenge.
That’s why we’ve created this training: to put you in full command of Excel
2007’s amazing power and versatility. It’s the fast, easy way to get your skills
up to speed so you can take advantage of Excel’s immense capabilities.
No starting back at square one! Hurray!
You already know the basics of Excel – so you don’t want to endure the
aggravation of training that makes you start back at square one. You’re ready to
improve … to learn the cool new, most underused features and functions. You’re
ready to become a power user, right?
Then this workshop is tailor-made for you! This training goes beyond mere
fundamentals, helping you quickly learn how to save time, improve performance,
and make Excel 2007 work more efficiently for you!
A workshop jam-packed with how-to’s you’ll use immediately!
This brand-new Microsoft Excel 2007 workshop focuses on not only enhancing the
skills you’ve already developed, but teaching you "must know" techniques and
shortcuts that’ll have the biggest impact on your productivity and efficiency.
In one intensive day of training, you’ll learn how to easily navigate the
Excel 2007 interface, take advantage of new Excel 2007 features, and learn
dozens of shortcuts to make you a more efficient user! This exciting seminar
covers essential Excel 2007 tips, tricks, and techniques such as:
- Time-saving productivity tools for database management
- New Excel 2007 functions and features that’ll make your life easier
- How to use expanded filtering limits and new tools to identify data by
- How to create eye-catching charts using the outstanding visual additions
– including the new "live preview" tools!
- How to easily build macros – automating repetitious tasks and saving
- How to accentuate data using enhanced Conditional Formatting tools
You get answers from an expert
Your workshop trainer is an Excel 2007 expert who’ll lead you through the ins
and outs of this powerful software and help you learn how to get the most out of
improved functionality of Excel 2007.
You’ll also get the answers to specific questions you have regarding your
on-the-job Excel challenges! Plus, you’ll sit shoulder-to-shoulder with people
just like you and learn from their in-the-trenches Excel experience.
You’ll boost your effectiveness – guaranteed!
Be assured, at CompEd Solutions we take training effectiveness very seriously.
You see, we firmly believe that the real value of training is how well it
prepares you to do the job correctly, efficiently, and cost-effectively. That’s
why the emphasis in every workshop we present is on helping you address your
real-world needs and achieve greater results.
We insist this workshop will deliver all we’ve promised and more. And, as
always, your complete satisfaction is 100 percent guaranteed!
What You'll Learn
Get solid answers to these and all your Excel questions
- Are there easier ways to maneuver around in Excel than what I’ve been
- Is there a way I can easily link Excel worksheets so I don’t have to
risk errors or waste time rekeying information?
- What is a Pivot Table? What is it used for and how do you create one?
- What tool does Excel offer that’ll help me analyze data more easily?
- Are there any rules of thumb that I can use to make sure my charts look
good, without spending tons of time on them?
- What shortcuts would help improve my speed and productivity on a daily
- What types of mathematical functions will Excel perform, and how do you
- How can I make my spreadsheets look better, so they’re easy to read and
the important facts jump out on the page?
- What’s the best way to manage enormous spreadsheets so they’re easy to
- How can I take a list and turn it into a database in Excel?
- Does Excel have features that can help me with my budgets, invoices, and
other routine computing needs?
- What kind of templates can I create with Excel that’ll make me more
- How can I customize my toolbar and formula bar to help me work more
quickly on the type of worksheets I create most often?
Using Excel’s New Ribbon command system to optimum effect
- Make the Quick Access Toolbar include any of the ribbon buttons you need
- Locate more command options with the dialog box launcher in Ribbon
- Control your screen view by hiding/revealing the ribbon instantly
Navigation Tips – quickly navigate between different worksheets and
- Jump to different open workbooks without lengthy command sequences
- Move through a worksheet with speed and confidence using a myriad of
keystroke shortcuts and mouse tricks
- Freeze panes and split worksheets horizontally and vertically for
optimum display of critical data
Formatting – acceleration tools for quick visual changes to clarify
worksheets in a flash
- Numeric Formatting simplified – keystroke shortcuts for date, time,
currency, and scientific data
- Alignment and border changes in a flash
- Center titles vertically and horizontally; indent data without needless
- Preview font differences before actual changes with Excel’s new live
- Copy/Move/Paste data in a flash with dragging techniques – not
multi-step command sequences
- Insert/Delete Columns, Rows, and Sheets – learn the best ways to use
these frequently needed tools
- Hide and Unhide Columns, Rows, and Sheets – for printing or security
reasons, use these features fluently
- Use the greatly expanded Undo/Redo feature to your advantage
Formulas and Functions – the core of Excel usage
- Formula essentials – understand the crucial role of the hierarchy of
- Absolute or Relative – learn the best way to make your formulas concise
- See all worksheet formulas with a keystroke shortcut
- Copy formulas and values effortlessly down columns without cumbersome
- Check a cell’s dependencies with just a few mouse clicks – formula
- Master the functions that everyone needs – SUM, AVERAGE, MIN, MAX,
- Use the Insert Function button to learn and build unfamiliar functions
- Achieve programming-like power with the multi-faceted IF function
- Look up data efficiently with VLOOKUP/HLOOKUP
Database Tools – Excel has great tools for database management – master
these time-saving productive tools
- Sorting – sort massive amounts of data with the versatile Sort command
- Use Excel’s AZ and ZA buttons to accelerate sorting
- Sort data by font or cell background color
- Filter – see just the data you want to see – expanded with great new
tools in Excel 2007