National Seminars Group
Assertive Communication - Essential Skills for Successful Women On-Site Training
Break through communication stereotypes ... Learn how assertiveness works FOR YOU!
“I’m just not the assertive type. It’s just the way I am.”
This tired excuse is just a tired excuse. Your personality is not to blame for
your inability to get the respect you deserve. Women notoriously put the needs
of others ahead of their own needs … often to the point of being taken for
granted and being invisible.
Assertiveness is having the self-confidence to be yourself.
Assertiveness training for women is about valuing others and treating them
fairly, hearing their opinions and sharing your own. Today’s dynamic business
world presents immense opportunities, IF you know how to take advantage of them.
Assertiveness essentials give you the foundation to calm down, stand up, and
Discover practical techniques that work for you and your
This is not a “one size fits all” workshop. It’s an information extravaganza! In
just one day, you’ll be armed with specific tips, tricks, and techniques. You’ll
be able to incorporate this training easily into the rest of your life. This
workshop will help you do just that.
Don’t you deserve to get the results you want out of your
career and personal life? You’re a role model, not just at work but at home.
People who have mastered the skill of assertiveness are able to greatly reduce
the level of interpersonal conflict in their lives, thereby reducing a major
source of stress. This program will help you enjoy life more. You’ll learn how
to deal with conflict and difficult people … whether they’re coworkers,
supervisors, family, or friends.
A unique approach you can trust … developed for women by
Put your fears of criticism and rejection aside … or better yet, bring them and
share them in the workshop. There’s nothing we can’t tackle together. Ask your
questions. Hundreds of women just like you are a testimony to our success.
Make this bold step today ... it’s just the first of many
Still unsure? Can’t decide? That’s usually a strong indication of how much you
need this incredible workshop. It’s true – when you leave, you won’t be the same
woman who signed up. You’ll be on the road to greater confidence, less stress,
and more honesty. All you have to lose is insecurity.
What You'll Learn:
The REWARDS of attending this revolutionary one-day workshop
are endless! You’ll learn to …
- Rethink outdated stereotypes about how women “should” be
to get what they want
- Redefine conflict as opportunity, rather than agony
- Rebuild your confidence and credibility at work and at
- Restore your ability to communicate with clarity and
- Reward yourself, your coworkers, your family and friends
when you become the confident, decisive woman you were meant to be
Who Should Attend?
Not sure if you really need this program? Find out here!
Review these scenarios from the lives of real women. Put a check mark by the
ones you recognize and relate to.
- You’ve left a meeting silently fuming that you didn’t
- After a confrontation with a pushy and overbearing
colleague, you come up with the “perfect” response … too late
- You knew you were right, but you backed down under
- Instead of expressing yourself calmly and rationally, you
burst into embarrassing tears
- A colleague takes credit for your great idea … and
frustrated, you let it go
- You’ve let resentment build and you’ve just blown up …
often at the wrong people
- You work in a male-dominated environment, and your voice
is often lost in the crowd
- Saying yes to extra time-consuming requests is a habit
you can’t break … “no” just isn’t in your vocabulary
- You’ve accepted unfair criticism without a word
- You’re afraid to speak up because someone might disagree
or your idea might be rejected
- You avoid confrontation at all costs
- You feel powerless, like your opinions don’t really
If even one or two situations seem familiar, you’ll benefit
from the real-world assertiveness techniques featured in this groundbreaking
This isn’t “fast food” advice or “bumper sticker” motivation.
You get practical, well-researched techniques to help you become more confident
for good, not just for one or two days. You won’t be asked to remake yourself …
just rediscover the person you were meant to be. Don’t wait! Sign up today!
Laying the Groundwork for Becoming an Assertive
- Hear why more than ever, assertiveness is vital in
today’s diverse and dynamic workplace, especially for women
- What’s your communication style? Build on your strengths
and pinpoint your weaknesses
- Don’t let them scare you … learn the vital differences
between how men and women communicate
- Explore your personal pattern of communication behavior:
In what situations are you likely to be assertive? passive? aggressive?
- Recognize communication habits that are self-sabotaging
and hold women back
- Stop confusing assertiveness with aggressiveness …
overcome your irrational fears
Understanding the Essentials to Assertiveness
- Assertive, passive, aggressive: How to distinguish among
- Persuasion guidelines ... make your point and get support
- How to speak your mind or ask for what you want without
- The importance of “I” statements
- Giving the three-line assertion message
- Techniques for assertive communication: Broken record,
fogging, workable compromise, and more!
Polishing Your Unspoken Message: Body Language and Active
- Characteristics of assertive body language and how to use
them to your advantage
- Stop sabotaging what you say with inappropriate body
- How to appear poised and confident even when you’re not
- “Listen” for nonverbal messages to hear what people are
- The basics of active and reflective listening and how
they will make you more effective
- How listening can help you tailor a more effective
Dealing With Difficult Situations, Difficult People, and
- Tips for saying “no” or refusing a request without
- How to respond to passive or aggressive communication
with diplomacy and tact in order to get the results you need
- Recognize when people are trying to manipulate you and
know effective tactics you can use to stop them
- How to survive – even thrive – in a predominantly male
- Face confrontation head-on and communicate professionally
- Effective responses for disarming disagreeable people,
bullies, tantrum throwers, and whiners
- Mars and Venus in conflict: How each gender handles
conflict differently – and how to use it to your advantage
- Tips for remaining calm and in control when on the verge
of tears or a shouting match
Communicating Assertively to Persuade and Negotiate
- Say it with style: A concise, step-by-step method of
- Tips for presenting your point of view in a way that will
- The importance of working toward a win-win agreement
instead of a win-lose “victory”
- Negotiation strategies the pros re
Add to favorites
Email this page