National Seminars Group
Strengthening Your People Skills in the Workplace On-Site Training
Gain essential skills for understanding, relating to, and working better with all types of people ... even the most difficult!
No doubt about it: Individuals with excellent interpersonal skills rise to
the top -- in their careers, in their organizations and in life!
You've probably seen it happen time and again. Take two people with similar
skills and knowledge, but one of them has enviable people skills while the
other's interpersonal skills are only mediocre. Which one gets ahead faster and
goes further? You know the answer to that one -- no contest!
What you may not know is that effective interpersonal skills can be learned
just like any other skill.
It's true! In fact, many a top professional who appears to be a "born people
person" -- comfortable and confident in any situation -- has taken training to
master the interpersonal skills he or she uses to connect so powerfully with
others. The ability to build effective professional relationships, to strike up
instant rapport, to communicate with tact, and to make a memorable impression
are nothing more than a collection of techniques that you can learn and
Strengthening Your People Skills in the Workplace is an
intensive new workshop that provides you with a one-day way to gain the
essential people skills you need to push ahead in your career. No other skill
set is as crucial to your professional or personal success! Attend, and you'll
learn how to ...
Influence others to your way of thinking
Build immediate rapport with new people
- Gain enthusiasm for your ideas, buy-in for your plans and support when
you need it using a concise method for persuasion.
Handle difficult people more effectively with less stress
- Connect with new people quickly, establishing rapport sure to result in
solid, long-lasting professional relationships.
Deal confidently with conflict, confrontation and disagreements
- Counteract typical tactics difficult people use, and gain insight into
why difficult people behave the way they do.
Pinpoint and eliminate habits and tendencies that hold you back
- Prevent conflict before it happens by confronting others professionally,
calmly and tactfully over differences you have.
- Continue to strengthen your people skills long after this workshop is
over by recognizing and eliminating self-sabotaging interpersonal habits.
Ask yourself honestly: Are your people skills holding you back
professionally? If you've read this far in this brochure about strengthening
your interpersonal effectiveness, there's a strong chance that you know all too
well that the answer to this question is YES.
So stop struggling with your interpersonal challenges on your own! Make the
commitment right now to attend this workshop and get the proven tools and
techniques you need to make an immediate, dramatic improvement in the way you
work with others. Don't wait any longer to achieve the career success -- and the
personal success -- you deserve!
What You'll Learn:
- Never again experience the misunderstandings and miscommunications that
have soured working relationships in the past.
- Feel confident in situations that once caused you stress and anxiety.
- Work effectively with people whose personalities and communication
styles differ from your own.
- Make others feel valued, important and comfortable in your presence.
- Become more influential in your organization.
- Improve your results in dealing with difficult people by better
- Handle confrontation confidently and professionally.
- Break out of your comfort zone to feel more comfortable in unfamiliar
settings or activities.
- Connect immediately with new people and quickly build rapport.
- Deliver criticism in a constructive way that causes positive behavior
change, not anger or resentment.
- Recognize and eliminate interpersonal tendencies and habits that are
holding you back, professionally and personally.
- Resolve conflict and move on to collaboration and cooperation.
- Diplomatically handle tough situations by knowing exactly "what to say
- Strengthen your rapport -- and your results -- with those up and down the
- Cool down heated verbal exchanges before the situation gets out of hand.
- Reduce the stress and tension in your department by opening the lines of
- Deal quickly and effectively with those who challenge you or put you
down in front of others.
- Give sincere praise effectively and frequently -- and watch your personal
- Establish yourself as a respected leader who gets exceptional results
Increasing Interpersonal Success Through Self-Awareness
- Understanding how strong interpersonal skills will magnify your personal
- Assessing your interpersonal skills: How successfully do you interact
- Exploring your interpersonal behavior: In what situations do you feel
powerful? Powerless? Overpowering? Unsure? Anxious?
- Analyzing various communication styles and recognizing your own
- Strategies for effectively interacting with communication styles
different from yours
- Pinpointing interpersonal habits and tendencies that may be holding you
Rapport-Building: Establishing Solid Working Relationships Up and Down
- Where "people skills" go bad: Top mistakes that sour relationships -- and
how to avoid them
- Introvert or extrovert? How to use your personality type to your
advantage when building rapport
- Proven techniques for "connecting" with people you don't know
- The secret to making others feel valued and important
- 10 bridge-builders that create strong alliances with other departments
- Creating an environment where everyone feels safe in expressing
- Recognizing the unlimited power of sincere praise
How to Persuade and Influence Others to Your Way of Thinking
- Creating a win-win approach -- your key to dealing successfully with
others at all levels
- Step-by-step method for persuading others with a quick, concise message
- Assertive vs. aggressive: Understanding why strong-arm tactics backfire
- Tips for gaining buy-in for your ideas and plans
- Surefire techniques for winning over an adversary to your way of
- Go to Plan B: Understanding your options when they simply won't see it
Working With Difficult People and Handling Tough Situations
- Why are difficult people difficult? The answers may surprise you
- Recognizing how your attitudes and behaviors impact the behavior of
- Analyzing the classic types of difficult people
- Typical weapons difficult people use and how to counteract them
- Finding the right words: EASY scripts you can use to get through tough
- Constructive feedback: Techniques for giving criticism in a way that
creates positive behavior change
- Tips for handling criticism calmly when it's dished out to you
Working Through Conflict With Tact and Finesse
- Policies that help minimize conflict in the workplace
- What's the real problem? Getting to the root cause
- Elements of constructive confrontation: How to face it calmly,
confidently and head-on
- Techniques for defusing explosive situations quickly and easily
- The 3-step method of working through a situation to permanently resolve
- Negotiation strategies that turn no's into yeses
- Tips for keeping your emotions from sabotaging you during conflict or
Listening Skills: Your Strategic Advantage in Interpersonal Effectiveness
- How excellent listening skills can expand your personal power
- Master the basics of active listening – and double your communication
- Are you unintentionally shutting down important information or feedback?
- Here's how to stop it
- What are they really trying to tell you? Reading body language and
- To feel listened to is to feel valued: How to make colleagues or
employees feel "heard"
- What to do when the person you're listening to won't stop talking
People Skills to Help You Shine in Specific Situations
- Making a memorable, positive impression in those crucial first few
- Interpersonal skills at work during business lunches and dinners
- Making networking events productive -- instead of a torturous waste of
- At a loss for small talk at work-related social functions? Try these
- Assertive communication in action: Practicing responses for various
- Tips for saying "no" without arousing anger or resentment
- Major communication mistakes that can damage your career -- and how to