This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to design databases for Microsoft SQL ServerT 2005 using business requirements to guide their decisions (beyond structured third normal form [3NF] modeling techniques).
Who Should Attend:
This course is intended for current professional database developers who have three or more years of on-the-job experience developing SQL Server database solutions in an enterprise environment.
At Course Completion:
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Approach database design from a systematic perspective, gather database requirements, and formulate a conceptual design.
- Analyze and evaluate a logical database design.
- Apply best practices for creating a physical database design.
- Apply best practices when designing for database scalability.
- Design a database access strategy.
- Use best practices to model database dependencies.