The Data & Marketing Association
Comprehensive Email Marketing Strategies On-Site Training
In this comprehensive seminar, you’ll learn how to take your email marketing to the next level and bring in more profits – in spite of government regulations and other barriers
New challenges in the industry – like legislative restrictions and spam blockers – call for new strategies. In this comprehensive seminar, you’ll learn how to take your email marketing to the next level and bring in more profits – in spite of government regulations and other barriers.
This cutting-edge, two day seminar will go beyond the basics to teach you winning email marketing strategies you can apply today to acquire and retain more valuable customers. Join us as we delve deeply into everything from email lists and databases to creative and testing and show you how to achieve more with less – and get noticed in a crowded marketplace.
Comprehensive Email Marketing Strategies is a 2-day seminar for those who are looking for an intensive, in-depth look at email marketing.
Benefits of Attending
Gain hands-on experience planning and executing an actual email marketing campaign. In two days, learn how to:
- Meet your acquisition and retention objectives through the power of email
- Comply with changing regulations – including recent updates to the Federal CAN-SPAM Act
- Crank up response using the latest best practices
- Reach your target – every time
- Pack the most punch in each campaign with the best offers, contact strategies, and creative secrets
- Determine true campaign ROI by analyzing the measurements of success that matter
- Identify what’s working and what isn’t through testing and improve campaign performance
Who Should Attend
This seminar is ideal for professionals who are interested in developing their organizations' strategic use of email marketing, including those in:
- Direct, Database or Internet Marketing
- E-Commerce Businesses
- Strategic Planning
- Brand/Product Management
- Customer Acquisition/Retention
- Business Development
- Customer Relationship Management
- Public Relations
Why You Should Attend
Attend this dynamic seminar and get answers to questions that can make the difference between your success and failure, such as:
- We want to drive traffic to our Web site – is email a good strategy?
- How do we best handle unsubscribes?
- What should we be testing – subject lines? Timing? Long vs. short copy?
- Are there ways to segment and strengthen messages to various groups?
- How do I know if a list is really an opt-out list?
You will receive a workbook packed with valuable information you can continually reference back on the job. It includes proven techniques, checklists, guidelines, and a wealth of other methods for improving your company's results. Plus, there is ample space for you to take notes and highlight new ideas as they are presented during class discussions.
Attendees tell us this workbook alone is worth the price of admission!
Continuing Education Units Awarded
Continuing Education Units may be used as evidence of your new skills and educational accomplishments. Attendees earn .8 CEUs per day. You will be mailed your certificate of completion reflecting CEUs earned.
9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Please arrive 30 minutes earlier than the start time to register. Continental breakfast will be served.
Email Today: Where the Industry Has Been, Where It’s Headed
- A look at the history and evolution of email marketing and the major drivers
- How big is the industry? How fast is it growing? Get the latest studies, facts, and figures
- The changing landscape: Emerging players and the evolving role of email service providers
Permission, Laws, and Deliverability
- Why permission is the foundation of successful email marketing
- Opt-out and opt-in and the shades of gray in between
- The Federal CAN-SPAM Act: Are you in compliance?
- The role of ISPs in deliverability and email marketing effectiveness
- The latest spam-fighting and credibility-building tactics and how to stay on the good side of ISPs
Anatomy of an Email Marketing Program
- The first steps: Set the goal, define the objective, and develop a strategy
- The many ways commercial email can improve customer acquisition, retention, and communication – plus a review of actual campaigns
- A strategic approach to email: Where dialogue-building and trigger-based marketing may fit into your campaign
- Sort through all the issues related to timing and frequency
Explore the World of Email Lists and Databases
- Winning strategies for targeting and reaching your audience via email
- A crash course on sourcing, pricing, and using external (rented) email lists
- Get up-to-speed on how to collect e-mail addresses and grow your in-house list
- Troubleshoot common problems in list processing, email database maintenance, and email address append
:Lunch will be served each day to facilitate networking with your peers.
9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Produce Creative That Sizzles – Every Time
- The offer: Best practices for meeting your objectives and driving response – plus vital do’s and don’ts
- Promotional and response-boosting tactics: Coupons, sweepstakes, games, and more
- Message formats: An update on text, HTML, and Rich Media, and related delivery issues
- Make every message component pull harder – from subject line to body to footer
- The fundamentals of electronic newsletters
- Getting advanced creative tactics right – from viral marketing to animation
The Art and Science of Testing
- What’s working? What isn’t? How testing will give you the answers
- What should you test? In what priority?
- Developing the useful test matrix
- Creating a test series
- What you need to know to design effective tests and measurement procedures
- Examine how different test attributes affect different performance measures
Manage, Track, and Measure Response
- Managing campaign response in all its forms: Expected and unexpected
- Handling unsubscribes and bounces
- Important tracking and response-measurement metrics in email
- Formulas and methods for response analysis – presented in plain English
- How to measure e-mail campaign ROI
Outline is subject to change.
Add to favorites
Email this page