National Seminars Group
Organizing & Managing Accounts Payable On-Site Training
Finally! The training you need to be more effective and efficient immediately, and to avoid making mistakes that could cost your organization plenty!
Dear Accounts Payable Professional:
As someone who’s developed entire accounting systems for organizations from
start-ups to Fortune 500 companies — and across industries, from nonprofits to
manufacturing — I understand the enormous challenges you face every day “in the
You’re under constant deadlines, your workload is overwhelming, you have
enormous responsibility and not enough authority — and everyone thinks all you
do is PAY THE BILLS!
Sound familiar? Sure it does. I’ve heard those frustrations time and again
from literally hundreds of AP professionals like you whom I’ve had the privilege
to train and talk with over the years. And there’s yet another stressor that
comes along with your tough job: Even a single mistake on your part can cost
your company plenty. Holy smoke, talk about pressure!
But help is on the way, thanks to an incredible one-day workshop,
Organizing & Managing Accounts Payable. We’ve condensed tons of
information to get to the essentials — the very latest proven AP techniques;
accepted best practices guaranteed to improve your accuracy and SAVE MONEY; and
techniques, tips and shortcuts that will help you get more done in less time.
Here’s a sample of the skill-building instruction you’ll gain ...
- “How-to’s” for organizing, streamlining and managing your enormous
- 6 crucial questions you should ask about every invoice
- Secrets to setting up files that will hold up under scrutiny of an audit
- Update on current government regulations and requirements
- A fail-safe system that eliminates duplicate payments
- Tips for getting approvals and authorizations — without getting
And that’s just the beginning! There’s also a special section on the latest
in AP technology, which includes what you need to know about document scanning,
three-way match, purchasing cards, AP software that works for you instead of
against you, and much more. Get an eye-opening look at what you can do today to
position yourself for continued AP success in the future.
Participants frequently tell me that what they love about this workshop is
that it provides more than just cutting-edge information. It also gives them the
rare opportunity to share ideas with peers who know where they’re coming from
and to learn from the experiences of other AP professionals. Who knew a day of
training could be so much fun!
So what are you waiting for, friends? I personally guarantee that this
workshop is the fastest and best way to improve your AP skills and learn how to
make your job easier. Enroll right now while there’s still space available by
calling 1-800-258-7246. You’ll be glad you did!
Rocky White, CPA, MBA
Senior Seminar Trainer, Accounts Payable
P.S. Did I mention the information-packed workbook you’ll get? It contains
program content, sample forms you can quickly customize, a list of AP resources
and more. This exclusive resource is available ONLY through this workshop!
What You'll Learn:
- Get an update on government requirements for handling payments
- Discover the latest timesavers for processing payables
- Institute more effective internal controls for reducing duplicate
payments, fraud and wasteful spending
- Turn your AP department into a profit center!
- Learn power tips and shortcuts for reducing your massive workload
- Prevent costly errors by spotting weaknesses in your current processes
- Gain recognition and respect for the hard work you do!
- Master the essentials of managing mountains of invoices with ease
- Streamline the entire payment process with simple techniques — and
dramatically boost your efficiency
- Learn how to audit-proof your record-keeping system
- Analyze your organization’s internal controls for weaknesses and holes —
and eliminate potential for costly errors
- Harness the latest AP technology to do your job more efficiently than
- Track invoices and purchase orders with newfound ease and accuracy
- Learn the secret to acquiring approvals, verifications, sign-offs and
signatures — easily and with fewer hassles and holdups!
- Say goodbye to petty cash headaches by gaining control over this
- Build safety nets into your processing system that guarantee bills get
paid on time
- Get control of your monstrous paper overload and find anything you need
- Eliminate the potential for duplicate payments with a fail-safe system
- Avoid the most costly AP mistakes — and save your organization big
- Deal with difficult vendors and suppliers with tact and finesse — even
in the stickiest situations
- Use the Internet to get quick answers to your frustrating AP questions
- Boost your professionalism and credibility by knowing which key skills
to develop for ongoing AP career success
Who Should Attend?
Is this workshop for you? Find out!
Answer the following questions "Yes" or "No" ...
- Do you have minimal or no backlog of unpaid invoices?
- Do you have a fail-safe system in place for eliminating duplicate
- Do you have written procedures for your department — and do employees
really follow them?
- Are you confident that your files and records could withstand the
scrutiny of an audit?
- Do you know what it costs your department to pay an invoice?
- Are you up-to-date on the latest government regulations that affect AP,
including 1099 compliance?
- Do you know how many invoices you handle each month and the various
vendor groups they’re from?
- Do you have set procedures to help identify employee fraud and vendor
- Do employees turn in forms, authorizations and information to you on a
- Do you have adequate time to complete your tasks and responsibilities in
an average workweek?
- Do you get the respect and recognition you deserve for your important
work as an AP professional?
Can you answer “yes” to every question? If not, this information-packed
workshop will benefit you in major ways!
Success Elements of Highly Successful AP Pros
- Understanding your important role in your organization’s “big picture”
- How many “hats” do you wear? Why your job is much more than “paying the
- Qualities that the best AP pros share
- A review of critical processes, systems and procedures
- SKILL PRACTICE: Testing your accounting knowledge
Super Shortcuts and Timesavers for Managing Your Workload — Without
- Slick techniques for managing mountains of invoices
- 6 questions every AP pro must ask about each invoice
- Proven “how-to’s” for streamlining your payment process
- Tracking tips that ensure you’ve received what you’re paying for
- Maintaining current and accurate payment records without jumping through
- SKILL PRACTICE: Identifying your department’s biggest time-wasters — and
how to eliminate them
Setting Up Internal Controls That Will Make Your Job Easier — Immediately!
- Your organization’s controls: How do they stack up?