National Seminars Group
The E-Mail and Business Writing Workshop On-Site Training
This essential training is for you if you need to make sure everything you write from now on conveys what you want with the tone you intend!
With a Simple Push of the "send" Button...You May "SEND" the
Have you ever sent an e-mail you regretted later? Then you
know just how easy it is to send the WRONG message!
When you send e-mails that are unclear, you leave others confused. When your
e-mails contain errors, you risk tarnishing your reputation. Worse, when your
e-mails project the wrong tone, you may even damage critical business
When as much as 90 percent of your written business
communication today is by e-mail, how do you make sure this technological wonder
doesn't come back to bite you as a "miscommunication tool"?
A writing program geared to today's professionals
The answer to this dilemma is The Business Writing Workshop. In just one
day, you'll learn proven tips and techniques that guarantee every message you
write -- in e-mails, letters, memos, and reports -- will be polished and
on-target, representing both you and your organization in a highly professional
manner. You'll deliver the exact message you intend, for the exact results you
Solid business writing skills are more important than ever
This essential program is headed your way just in time, because writing is back
at the forefront of importance in business. In fact, you probably communicate
more often by e-mail than telephone, and often substitute it for face-to face
exchanges. Most of us do! Yet those often brief snippets you type and send so
quickly can result in stressful hours in the hot seat later, with you
explaining, "Well, what I meant to say was ..."
Learn how to avoid common mistakes when writing e-mail
Are ya writin' e-mail just like ya talk? Or sending wordy e-mail epistles that
read like a formal business report? Big mistakes! This training sets the record
straight on what you should and should not do when drafting any business
communication, especially e-mails.
We'll discuss the top errors people make and how you can avoid
them. You'll also get in on the latest e-mail etiquette and find out how to
craft shorter messages without sacrificing content.
Not a strong writer? This workshop is for you!
About four out of five business professionals admit on surveys they're not
strong writers, and you may well be among them. If so, this workshop was created
Packed with secrets the pros use to take the hassle out of writing, this
training covers how to organize your thoughts, get off to a quick start,
communicate persuasively in any situation -- and pass the "red pen test" for
grammar and wordiness. You'll also learn tons of time-savers to slash your
Get the training you need to make all your written
The Business Writing Workshop is a fast, fun way to get the essential
writing skills you need to communicate clearly and confidently in everything you
write on the job. Spend just a day with us, and all your written communication
from now on will reflect the true professional you are.
Pre-Writing Strategies That Work Every Time
- Figuring out whom you're writing to - and why
- A two-minute outline you can begin with that saves you
hours in wasted time down the line
- Identifying your own natural writing style to take
advantage of your strengths
- Resources that will help you sound like you know what
you're talking about (even when you don't!)
Secrets to Writing On-Target E-mails
- The 7 most common mistakes that people make when writing
an e-mail ... and how to avoid them
- How to double-check your e-mail for tone and clarity
- Tips for writing shorter e-mails that still get your full
- Everything you need to know about e-mail etiquette
- Smart tips for presenting complex information in your
- Should you e-mail? Situations where e-mailing is
- Why you must always write a clear subject line
- How the 7 C's of Effective Business Writing apply to
- 3 things all good e-mail messages have in common
Special Section on Grammar Basics That We Promise Will Be
- Simple pain-free grammatical rules that everyone has to
follow to write well
- The top 10 most common mistakes everyone else makes that
you never will!
- Side-splitting real-world examples of business writing
- Why you should never "write like ya talk"!
Mastering the Writing Process and Utilizing Your Personal
- Finding your "voice" and nailing it down (professional
vs. casual, serious vs. humorous)
- Proper word choice that compels your reader to read
- Avoiding lazy language that puts your reader to sleep
- Creating flawless transitions in your work
- Tips to keep your sentences and paragraphs concise,
focused, and flowing
Writing Powerfully and Persuasively for Any Situation
- Persuasion techniques that will strengthen every e-mail
letter, memo, or proposal
- Presenting your ideas strategically in print
- Using a critical eye to make sure you're presenting your
- Choosing words with IMPACT!
- Selling products, services, and ideas while bolstering
Post-Writing Techniques to Clean Up Your Writing
- The "red pen test" for getting to the point
- Why you shouldn't become too dependent on writing
software and templates
- The real trick to writing is knowing when to stop:
- Simple proofreading and editing tips for writing
- Using the "Altitude Test" to determine your document's
level of readability
- Cutting the length of your memos - and doubling their
impact on your readers!
Troubleshooting Common Writing Problems
- Tactics you can use to clarify and organize your thoughts
when you're writing under a fast-approaching deadline
- How to "whip out" high-quality writing at a moment's
notice when your boss "wants it NOW!"
- Brainstorming tricks anyone can use when they're stuck on
what to say
- Overcoming writer's block that makes the Great Wall of
China look wimpy!