National Seminars Group
How to Manage Emotions & Excel Under Pressure On-Site Training
Few workplace skills are more important to your career than the ability to stand strong and calm under pressure, stress, and chaos.
Ever been in a situation at work where you “lost it” – whether
you got angry, started to cry, felt your face flush crimson, said something you
regretted, or said nothing at all and then were mad at yourself the rest of the
day because of it?
If you’re like most professionals, you’ve been there, done
that, and wished you’d handled the situation a lot differently.
That’s why we’ve developed How to Manage Emotions & Excel
Under Pressure. This phenomenal new workshop is designed specifically to arm you
with the skills you need to maintain emotional control at work – and to manage
the negative emotions of others. Never again will frustration, anger, anxiety,
tears, or disappointment damage your professional relationships, tarnish your
reputation, or ruin your job satisfaction.
Say Good-bye to Second-Guessing Yourself – and Save Time
How much valuable time do you waste wondering if you could have reacted more
professionally, if you should have said something else – and would have, if only
you’d known how to respond differently – or if you should have kept your mouth
shut altogether? Attend this powerful workshop and you’ll have at your
fingertips the perfect response to emotionally charged situations, ready to
bring you positive results every time.
Overcome Self-Defeating Reactions – and Watch Your Career
You’ll discover which emotions could be holding back your career, which ones
stress you out most, and how to harness these emotions so they’ll no longer
sabotage your success. You’ll also learn simple tools and exercises for changing
how you react to hot-button issues that can trigger your negative emotions.
What’s more, you’ll master step-by-step how-to’s for dealing
with typical workplace situations, like when a co-worker lashes out at you or
makes a snide remark … when an employee you’ve just fired cries … when you’re
berated by a customer … or unfairly criticized by your supervisor.
Handle Emotionally Charged Situations Confidently and Professionally
Obviously, we can’t promise you’ll never feel angry or frustrated at work again.
You will – that’s a given. But after you attend this workshop, you’ll be
equipped with the skills you need to turn those intense emotions into positive
energy, which is guaranteed to give you better results in every exchange with
Why let your emotions control you when you can learn to
control them – in just one day? Enroll today and expect to look back on your day
of learning as a turning point in your life.
What You'll Learn:
1. Build More Supportive Workplace Relationships
Regardless of what your position is, your success largely depends on the quality
of your workplace relationships. Having the ability to maintain emotional
control is your key to getting others to respond positively to you … and to
gaining their support. This workshop is your opportunity to develop the skills
you need to maintain the productive workplace relationships that are so
essential to your career.
2. Be More Productive … and More Effective
Self-sabotaging behaviors can really bog down your productivity level at
work and at home. Discover what behaviors could be holding you back (keeping
silent or blowing up for example) and how to overcome them once and for all.
3. Eliminate Many of the Conflicts in Your Life
Nothing is more strenuous to your day than dealing with conflict – and
unfortunately, when two or more people work together, it’s bound to arise. Learn
how to stay calm, cool, and in control – even when someone’s pushed all your
“hot buttons.” The result will be fewer conflicts in your life and an
overwhelming sense of mastery and confidence in yourself.
4. Reduce Stress – and Increase Your Satisfaction at Work
Let’s face it: There’s a lot of stress that comes from knowing you should be
doing something better but not knowing how to. It’s frustrating. It’s
demoralizing. And it makes your life a lot harder than it has to be.
Learn how to take control of your life and achieve whatever
you set out to accomplish. Your stress level will instantly shrink and you’ll
become a happier, more fulfilled person.
Who Should Attend?
Is This Workshop for You? Take This Quiz and Find Out!
- Has your anger ever ruined a workplace relationship?
- Is getting motivated hard for you?
- Do you dread the thought of handling conflict and
- Do you spend time feeling hurt, angry, worried, anxious,
- Do you play the “should’ve, could’ve, would’ve” game
after every encounter?
- Does the thought of getting one more project seem put you
over the edge?
- Are you at the point where even the smallest thing upsets
- Is your stress level at an all-time high?
If you answered “yes” to even one of these questions, this
workshop is exactly what you need to bring confidence, stability, and control
back into your life.
Managing emotions is an essential skill for finding happiness,
boosting productivity and positioning yourself for career advancement and
satisfaction. You have the power to control your emotions – you simply have to
enroll in this workshop and we’ll show you how.
I. Understanding the Emotions That Hold You Back
- The positive and negative effects of emotions in the
- Changing how you respond, even when your mind doesn’t
- How to neutralize paralyzing emotions
- Overcoming tears, anger, rage, and self-pity
- Getting your point across without losing control
II. Preparing for Confrontation and Other Tough Situations
- Getting to the real issues – defining the problem
- 7 principles for maintaining positive relationships
- Building a trust framework
- 4 steps for getting beyond the fear of confrontation
- The top 5 times when you shouldn’t confront
- What to do when you face the impossible
III. Navigating Your Way Through Conflict
- Understanding the 4 causes of conflict AND how to defuse
- 10 conflict-resolution skills everyone should know
- How to deal with conflict-related stress
- 5 emotional myths that handicap your conflict-resolution
- The 3-step A.C.E. method of conflict resolution
- 3 growth opportunities conflict offers and how to benefit
IV. How to Deal With Others’ Ne