Effective Business Writing On-Site Training
Improve written organization and clarity to make the most of the time spent on writing assignments
Baker’s practice driven workshop improves participant’s ability to write in
English and increase chances for gaining a clear concise message. Almost all
professionals spend 15-20% of their time writing emails, memos, letters and
reports. Baker’s One-Day Business Writing Solutions workshop helps improve
written organization and clarity to make the most of the time spent on writing
Participants learn to convey ideas and information with clarity and precision
in memos, letters, reports and other business correspondence. A personalized
approach to writing based on identifying the audience driven needs enables a
clear concise message to be delivered. Participants critique their own writing
styles and identify strengths and areas for improvement. They then practice
making these necessary changes in classroom practice exercises. Practice focuses
on proven writing techniques. This workshop guarantees an improvement in
communication skills and, as a result, increases in productivity and job
Participants in this Business Writing workshop will learn to:
- Clarify frequently confused terms
- Produce concise text through inductive and deductive reasoning
- Write formats and formulas for various writing requirements
- Feel more confident preparing written documents
- Identify good writing
- Use a writing process that makes writing faster and easier
- Analyze reader needs before starting to write
- Organize writing for effectiveness
- Use a writing style that is both professional and clear
- Write and edit by asking five simple questions:
- Reader Analysis: Who is my reader?
- Organization: What do I want to happen as a result of this document?
- Lists: Do I repeat words?
- Do I use words like also, next, then and finally?
- Headings: What topics do I cover?
- Style: How would I say this over the phone?
Class Size: 6-15 (Please note that we can increase the class size for
Length: 1 day
Time: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Business Writing Training Feedback:
"I got a lot out of the business writing workshop with Paula. It was well
worth it, and I now have some useful information on how to improve my writing. I
also appreciate all the time that Paula spent with me to review individual
writing samples. She answered all my questions and showed no sign that of a rush
to leave once the rest of the group finished. Thank you for your flexibility in
switching my dates for the workshop. I will keep Baker Communications in mind
for future professional development opportunities."
Manager Education Services
Institute of International Education