Academy of Business Training
Supervisor Training On-Site Training
Receive training from a professional with 30+ years of business experience.
An effective leader motivates, inspires people, coaches, and builds a team to accomplish that portion of the company’s mission for which they are responsible. This two-day class will provide you with the tools necessary to be an effective leader.
Available Versions Of This Class
Production Supervisors - version for individuals in a manufacturing supervisory position.
Non-Production Supervisors - version for individuals not involved in manufacturing.
Production Managers - version for individuals in a manufacturing manager position.
Non-Production Managers - version for individuals not involved in manufacturing.
One: The Evolution of
- Defining Leadership
- Characteristics of a Leader
- Leadership Principles
- A Brief History of Leadership
- Historical Leaders
- Modern Leaders
- The Great Man Theory
- The Trait Theory
- Transformational Leadership
Two: Situational Leadership
- Situational Leadership: Telling
- Situational Leadership: Selling
- Situational Leadership: Participating
- Situational Leadership: Delegating
Three: A Personal Inventory
- An Introduction to Kouzes and Posner
- Model the Way
- Inspire a Shared Vision
- Challenge the Process
- Enable Others to Act
- Encourage the Heart
- A Personal Inventory
- Creating an Action Plan
- Set Leadership Goals
- Address the Goals
- Seek Inspiration
- Choose a Role Model
- Seek Experience
- Create a Personal Mission Statement
Four: Modeling the Way
- Determining Your Way
- Being an Inspirational Role Model
- Influencing Others? Perspectives
Five: Inspiring a Shared Vision
- Choosing Your Vision
- Communicating Your Vision
- Identifying the Benefit for Others
Six: Challenging the Process
- Developing Your Inner Innovator
- Seeing Room for Improvement
- Lobbying for Change
Seven: Enabling Others to Act
- Encouraging Growth in Others
- Creating Mutual Respect
- The Importance of Trust
Eight: Encouraging the Heart
- Sharing Rewards
- Celebrating Accomplishments
- Making Celebration Part of Your Culture
Nine: Basic Influencing Skills
- The Art of Persuasion
- The Principles of Influence
- Creating an Impact
Ten: Setting Goals
- Setting SMART Goals
- Creating a Long-Term Plan
- Creating a Support System
Eleven: Conflict Resolution
- An Introduction to Conflict
The Thomas-Kilmann Instrument
Creating an Effective Atmosphere
Creating Mutual Understanding
Focusing on Individual Needs
Getting to the Root Cause
Building a Solution
The Short Version of the Process
Each Student Receives...
- A student manual or textbook for use during and after the class.
- Instruction from an experienced business professional (minimum of 30 years) with at least five years in a corporate senior management position (CEO, President, COO, Vice President, CFO).
- Real life exercises to support training materials.
- Individual attention (classes are limited to four students).
- Personalized Certificate of Completion.