HR Legal Issues, an Advanced Session On-Site Training
This seminar covers all the basic legal components of Human Resource work
This seminar covers all the basic legal components of Human
Resource work. The field of Human Resources is fraught with legal
pitfalls that can cost you or your employer dearly. Employees and
others have clear legal rights and remedies that can force
companies to pay big dollar amounts just to defend, let alone if
the decision is rendered against the employer. In some cases,
employees or business owners can be held criminally liable for
actions against employees.
The seminar will cover in realistic, real world terms, what
the real legal threats are to all employers.
- Discrimination: Title 7, Civil Rights Act of 1964
- The Equal Pay Act
- FMLA- Family Medical Leave Act
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Sexual Harassment- warning signs, pitfalls and strategies to
- Hiring processes that are legally sound
- Resolving Performance issues legally
- Learn to reduce legal risk at every level.
- Court's interpretations and decisions and how it impacts your
- Illuminate high areas of risk and danger zones; how to prepare
- Learn how to develop a consistent, legal approach for others
in the organization to follow.
- Lean how to create a work environment that is consistent,
fair, and legal in all areas.
- Learn how to deal with all allegations of
- State laws of concern that are unique and not well known.
- FLSA- The Fair Labor Standards Act
- And much more!
Seminar Content Goal:
Here you will learn how to see all the signs of potential legal
issues and how to respond before they become costly, sticky
issues. The costs alone to defend a lawsuit from an
employee/plaintiff would be much more costly than the ounce of
prevention that can be learned in this seminar. Employees today
are becoming more and more aware of their legal rights, and many
do not hesitate to exert them to their advantage. Get the leverage
you need by attending this seminar. This seminar would also be of
high value for supervisors or managers that have multiple direct
reports or frequent difficult situations.
What our Customers are Saying...
"I love this training…it was all here and the seminar leader
was super sharp”: HR Rep, Marquee Auto Parts Manufacturing
Don’t be fooled!
- All of our seminar leaders:
- Carry the highest level of certification (Senior Professional
in Human Resources or Senior Certified Professional).
- Have a Master’s degree or higher in the field of Human
- Have at least 20 years of HR experience, with real world/real
time corporate perspective.
- Will field questions and issues from participants during
breaks or the presentation regarding your specific issues or
situations if you like--Free Consultation from an expert!
- Our competition does not meet this standard. Anyone can read
slide from a presentation!
Add to favorites
Email this page