OneSource Professional Training Solutions, Inc.
Engineering a Citrix Virtualization Solution On-Site Training
This course provides students with the foundation
necessary to effectively plan for and perform the tasks necessary to successfully incorporate a complete
Citrix virtualization solution into a Windows Server environment.
The CVE-401-1 Engineering a Citrix Virtualization Solution course provides
students with the foundation necessary to effectively plan for and perform the
tasks necessary to successfully incorporate a complete Citrix virtualization
solution in to a Windows Server 2008 environment. Upon course completion,
students will be able to integrate key Citrix virtualization technologies,
including XenServer, XenApp, Provisioning Services, and XenDesktop, to create an end-to-end virtualization solution. This hands-on curriculum includes
exercises that teach students best practices for securing the environment,
monitoring the different components in the environment, backing-up critical
systems, and updating and patching applications and virtualized servers.
This course is intended for IT professionals, such as Server, Network
and Systems Engineers. Systems Integrators, Systems Administrators and
Application Engineers are also appropriate candidates for this course.
The exercises for this course include hands-on integration
of the following Citrix core and component products:
- XenServer 6.0
- Provisioning Services 6.0
- XenApp 6.5
- XenDesktop 5.5
- EdgeSight 5.4 (for Endpoints and XenApp)
- Access Gateway VPX
- NetScaler VPX
- Profile management 4.0
- Single Sign-on 5.0
- Merchandising Server 2.2
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that learners
possess the following:
- Experience using the following Citrix products :
Citrix XenServer 5.6 or higher
- Citrix Provisioning Services 5.6 or higher
Citrix XenApp 6.0 or higher
- Citrix XenDesktop 5.0 or higher
- Experience using
Windows Server 2008, including:
- Active Directory
- Terminal Services
- Performance Monitoring
- Base OS, including server
- Group Policy Objects
- Experience using Microsoft SQL Server 2
Completion of the following courses or demonstrate equivalent knowledge:
- CXS-203-1 - Citrix XenServer 6.0 Administration
- CXA-206-1 - Citrix XenApp
6.5 Ad ministration
- CXA-301-1 - Citrix XenApp 6.5 Advanced Administration
- CXD-202-1 - Citrix XenDesktop 5 Administration
- Key Skills
of this course, learners are able to:
- Prepare the storage NICs, resource
pools, and networking configurations for a XenServer host.
Provisioning Services for the environment.
- Migrate an existing XenApp farm
and provision new XenApp servers.
- Manage user personalization settings with
Citrix Profile management.
- Create a master virtual desktop for XenDesktop.
- Configure Access Gateway VPX.
- Increase password security using Single Sign-on.
- Monitor the virtualized environment with Citrix EdgeSight.
- Reduce power
consumption with Power and Capacity Management.
Provided is the outline for CVE-401-1:
- XenServer Integration
- ISO Storage
- Optimizing XenServer
- Provisioning Services Integration
- Network Support of Streaming
- o vDisk Types
- High Availability
- Write-Cache Location
- XenApp Integration
- Provisioning Services
- o XenApp Configurations
- Profile Management
- o XenApp Security
- o XenApp Farm Migration
- XenDesktop Integration
- Virtual Desktop Components
- Capacity Planning
- Application Delivery Methods in a Virtual Desktop
- o XenDesktop Security
- Virtual Environment Monitoring
- Monitoring Best Practices
- Virtual Environment Maintenance
- o XenApp, XenDesktop, and Virtual Machine Backup
- Protecting Critical Systems
- Workflow Studio Overview
- Power and Capacity Management
Add to favorites
Email this page