OneSource Professional Training Solutions, Inc.
Citrix Desktop Virtualization Fast Track On-Site Training
This fast-paced course provides the foundation necessary for students to effectively centralize and manage desktops and applications in the datacenter and deliver them as a service to users anywhere.
This fast-paced course provides the foundation necessary for students to
effectively centralize and manage desktops and applications in the datacenter
and deliver them as a service to users anywhere. Students will learn how to
build XenApp and XenDesktop environments; assign virtual desktops; deliver
published resources and printers to users; use policies to customize farm
settings and the user experience; and administer the environments. In addition,
students will learn how to build a Provisioning services farm to enable
single-image desktop management.
This course is intended for IT professionals, such as server, network, and
systems administrators familiar with Microsoft Windows environments, including
Windows 2008 R2 administrators. Existing Citrix XenApp administrators interested
in increasing their desktop virtualization skills with Citrix XenDesktop, are
ideal candidates. Systems engineers, sales engineers, analysts, consultants, and
architects are also appropriate candidates for this course.
This course is offered as an instructor-led training course that focuses on
the practical application of XenApp and XenDesktop concepts and administrative
tasks through hands-on exercises in a lab environment. Students are expected to
self-study select modules of the course content after classroom hours each day.
Regularly scheduled Question and Answer sessions will occur daily to address
students? questions arising from the self-study sessions.
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that students have a basic
understanding of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
and Remote Desktop Services
- Network and storage devices,
device drivers, and operating systems
- Networking concepts, such as DNS,
DHCP, IIS, load balancing, and file and printing services
- Active Directory and group policy
- Server, desktop, and application
- Citrix XenApp
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure a Citrix
license server, import Citrix licenses, configure license monitoring, and view
license usage trends.
- Install and configure Citrix
XenApp to create a new farm or join an existing farm.
- Create administrator accounts and
assign custom administrative permissions to the accounts.
- Configure the logging of
administrative changes to a database.
- Create and apply worker groups
that simplify the administration of published resources and policies.
- Install the Web Interface role.
- Create and configure XenApp Web
and XenApp Services web sites.
- Customize the layout, content, and
appearance of a XenApp Web site.
- Publish application and server
desktop resources for access by users and verify that workspace control works
- View and manage user sessions from
the administrative console.
- Install profiling software,
profile an application for streaming, and link dependent profiles to allow
interaction between streamed applications.
- Publish a streamed application and
verify that the streamed application works correctly.
- Create policies to improve
performance, restrict user access, and shadow user sessions.
- Test policies to verify that they
produce the desired effect.
- Configure custom load evaluators
and apply them to servers and applications.
- Configure and test failover using
a load balancing policy.
- Install Citrix Receiver, configure
and deliver a plug-in package, and verify that self-service applications can be
added from a client device.
- Configure printing including,
printer auto-creation, driver compatibility lists, session printers, and
- Configure a XenApp Web site to use
an ICA proxy.
- Identify tools that can be used to
monitor XenApp servers and sessions.
- Identify additional components
included with Citrix XenApp Platinum edition.
- Configure a XenServer host for
- Adjust virtual machine properties.
- Backup virtual machine metadata to
- Import a virtual machine.
- Install XenDesktop.
- Add a controller to an existing
- Install, configure and secure Web
- Delegate XenDesktop
- Prepare a master virtual machine.
- Assign users to pooled virtual
desktops and dedicated virtual desktops.
- Modify desktop catalogs, groups,
and a master virtual machine.
- Use policies and Profile
Management to restrict and allow XenDesktop features.
- Monitor XenDesktop sessions.
- Shadow XenDesktop sessions.
- Install and configure Provisioning
- Create a shared vDisk.
- Create streamed virtual desktops
using Provisioning services.
- Update a vDisk.
- Identify key features of
This fast-paced course consists of five-intensive days of hands-on lab and
lecture. Students interested in this course should note that the class is
expected to run approximately nine hours each day. In addition, students are
expected to self-study select modules designated by the instructor, as not all
topics will be covered during the classroom time.
Citrix XenApp 6.5 Topics
The following outline identifies the Citrix XenApp topics included in the
Note: Not all topics will be
covered by lecture. Students are expected to self-study select sections as
designated by the instructor.
Module 1: Introduction and Course Overview
- Course Outline
- Citrix Education
- Course Evaluation and Completion
Module 2: Introducing Basic Administration for Citrix XenApp 6
- XenApp 6 Editions
- XenApp 6 Features
- XenApp Architecture
- XenApp Components
- Single and Multiple Farm
- Data Store
- Data Store Updates and the Local
- Independent Management
- Data Collectors
- Data Collector Election
- Additional XenApp Components
- Delivery Services Console
Module 3: Licensing XenApp
- XenApp Licensing
- Licensing Communication
- License Communication Process
- License Types
- Citrix License Server 11.6.1
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Additional Licensing
- License Administration Console
- Port Configuration
- Delegated Administrators in the
License Administration Console
- Installing Licensing
- Manual Installation and
- Uninstalling Licensing
- License Server Considerations
- License File Management
- Obtaining License Files
- Importing License Files
- Subscription Advantage
- High Availability Considerations
- Additional License Server
- License Server Clustering
Add to favorites
Email this page