National Seminars Group
Leadership Excellence: Leading With Purpose, Principle & Passion On-Site Training
Will You Settle for Where You Are – Or Will You Reach for New Heights?
For just a moment, reflect on this: There’s who you are and who
you’re capable of becoming. How wide is the gap between the two?
If that answer made you a little nervous, take heart. You see, for nearly
everyone there’s a gap ... and often that gap is wide. It’s not that surprising
when you stop to think about it. As a leader, your life is busy ... perhaps very
busy. There are meetings to attend, projects to complete, people to direct,
deadlines flying by here and there. Regardless of how much effort you put forth,
there’s always something or someone who needs more from you. No one can rise to
their best if they’re operating at that pace every day — no one!
If you want to achieve your very best, it’s absolutely VITAL to step back
from time to time to reflect on where you are and where you’re going, and
immerse yourself in a dynamic environment where you can learn from others.
Luckily, we have a way for you to do just that!
REACH HIGHER — BECOME WHO YOU WERE MEANT TO BE!
Leadership Excellence: Leading With Purpose, Principle & Passion
will be a game changer for you. Come expecting an exhilarating, eye-opening day
of insightful discussions and interactive learning that’ll give you a rich new
perspective on your role. We even have the authors of Triple Crown Leadership
participating in this training so you can be assured the level of learning will
be sky-high! We’ll cover important topics, such as:
- How top leaders lead themselves — and why that’s so important
- Why purpose, values, and mission drive everything
- The strengths and weaknesses of your current leadership style
- Staffing principles that ensure you hire people who fit
- How your personal values anchor your behavior as a leader
So what do you say: Are you ready to answer the call of leadership
excellence? Yes? Great! Start right now by reserving your seat in this seminar
There is simply no better way to accelerate your growth as a leader
than by attending this seminar.
Section One: “YOU” – The Leader
- Why leadership is not really about the power and position
- Defining your personal leadership mission and values
- Identify whether your personal values align with the organizational
values and purpose/vision
- Understanding your natural leadership style – and when you must break
out of it
- Establishing credibility: You lead by example, whether you intend to or
- Self-mastery: defining your personal purpose and values
- Why character plays an important role in effective leadership
- What are your organization’s values (explicit or implicit)?
Section Two: Building the Team and Setting the Structure for Success
- Building an effective team – hiring people with the right attitude and
- Establishing trust and respect
- Purpose statements: creating a common purpose for you and your team
- Winning hearts and minds … and why both matter!
- Special types of employees and situations that need TLC
- The keys to forming a team that exhibits tolerance, draws on team member
strengths, and minimizes individual weaknesses
Section Three: Creating Exceptional Results
- Leaders must achieve excellent results: How to take a good hard look at
what must be done … and step up to do it
- When it’s time to challenge the status quo and break some rules
- How conflict avoidance sabotages results
- The need for “radical focus” in times of trouble, crisis, and change
- “No man is an island”: how to unleash potential and creativity hidden
- Collaboratively working with a set of shared values and goals
Section Four: Principles for Sustaining Lasting Leadership Success
- Who’s in your tribe? The value of a small group of trusted advisers
- You can’t do it alone: If you’re not developing employees and colleagues
into leaders, you’re not really a leader
- The leader as servant – and why it’s the most important role you play
- Career-maker or -breaker: what’s your skill improvement and leadership
development plan going forward?
- How to maintain your leadership edge
PRACTICAL APPLICATION DISCUSSIONS AND EXERCISES:
One of the extraordinary benefits of attending Leadership Excellence
is that you get to participate in lively practical application discussions and
exercises that will bring the concepts to life in real and meaningful ways. This
ensures you can immediately apply the lessons learned when you’re back on the
The applications and exercises cover a wide range of issues, including:
- What to do when your values and your organization’s values are not in
- Interviewing and hiring techniques that help you find the right
- How to identify and articulate your core personal values – and why that
- Establishing credibility … and credibility busters you want to avoid
- When and how to flex between the soft and hard edges of leadership
- And more!
Many of these exercises will be debriefed by Triple Crown Leadership authors
Bob and Gregg Vanourek through engaging video presentations. The Vanoureks
researched 61 organizations in 11 countries to unpack the practices of building
excellent, ethical, and enduring organizations. This is truly a rare chance to
learn from these highly acclaimed leadership experts.