Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace On-Site Training
This LIVE, virtual workshop goes beyond standard "check-the-box" training to provide meaningful reflection, self-assessment and practical, real-world exercises designed to genuinely move teams forward.
Diversity has been a high-profile issue for years in the business world — but much has changed in how we understand it. That’s why we took a fresh look at diversity training to develop Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace. This LIVE, virtual workshop goes beyond standard "check-the-box" training to provide meaningful reflection, self-assessment and practical, real-world exercises designed to genuinely move teams forward.
Register for this engaging, highly interactive, instructor-led course and learn why overcoming the barriers to diversity and developing new habits of inclusivity can benefit you, your team and your entire organization.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Discuss how we define diversity and inclusion in the workplace today
- Describe how we can talk about diversity in a way that moves teams forward
- Identify the benefits of a diverse and inclusive workplace and how it affects organizational success.
- Discover how to create a workplace environment where diversity will thrive
- Explain ways to ensure diversity and inclusion across an organization
Program time: 3 hours
Session 1: Defining Diversity and Inclusion
- Discuss the attributes, traits and unique characteristics that make up diverse groups
- Examine your personal traits and attributes and understand how they contribute in a team setting
- Explain the value diversity can play in an organization
- Learn how to recognize and identify the qualities of truly inclusive workplace cultures
- How to take an inclusive perspective and how to build an inclusive perspective with your team
Session 2: A Holistic Approach to Diversity
- Discuss what it means to take a holistic approach to diversity
- Describe ways your organization can achieve the benefits of the five principles of diversity
- Learn how to handle obstacles and overcome barriers to diversity in the workplace
- Discover professional practices you can incorporate to better align your values with the principles of diversity and inclusion
Session 3: Developing Habits of Inclusivity
- Use the Developmental Model of Intercultural Sensitivity (DMIS) to explain how individuals perceive differences
- Compare ethnocentric and ethnorelative qualities and determine which ones you tend to display
- Describe which characteristics determine your team’s level of inclusivity
- Gain insight into how you can become more accountable within your organization when developing habits of inclusivity
Add to favorites
Email this page