The Burke Institute
The Neuroscience Toolkit for Business Decisions On-Site Training
This intensive 1.5-day workshop is designed to provide critical knowledge to evaluate, understand and interpret the application of neuroscience knowledge and tools to test content effectiveness, marketing communication, branding and customer experiences.
This intensive 1.5-day workshop is designed to provide critical knowledge to evaluate, understand and interpret the application of neuroscience knowledge and tools to test content effectiveness, marketing communication, branding and customer experiences. The workshop will offer a lens into the new tools that neuroscience offers the business world which replace traditional methods for research, analytics and insight gathering.
What You Will Learn
- Basic neuroscience grounding principles: How our emotions, attention and memory impact our decision making capabilities.
- What tools can help us better understand our customers' emotional engagement, attention and content memory.
- How our brain operates when making decisions: comparing rational and emotional decisions and the biases that impact our choices when selecting a product or service offering.
- How to leverage the neuroscience toolkit including biometrics, implicit associations, facial coding, eye tracking, fMRI, EEG and response latency.
- Advantages and disadvantages for applying the various tools in the neuroscience toolkit for research involving visual stimuli, products, branding, package design, ad testing of print or video, and more.
- Case studies and examples ranging from a wide variety of industries for B2B and consumer research.
8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Introduction and Overview
Session 1 – How Our Brains Make Decisions
- Examples of how our brain makes decisions
- System 1 and System 2 decision making
- Neuroscience basics: The brain anatomy and functions
Session 2 – Attention, Memory and Emotions
- Breaking down the three primary factors that drive decision making
- How do we measure attention and why should we care about it
- Snapback case study on attention
- Building the bridge between emotions and memories
- How do we measure emotions and what does it tell us
Session 3 – Neuroscience Tool Kit
- What they measure, how they measure, pros and cons for each tool
- Eye tracking
- Facial coding
- Implicit associations
- Response latency
8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Session 4 – Practical Applications of the Neuroscience Toolkit
- Business case studies and examples using the various neuroscience tools
- Factors to consider when selecting which tools to use
- Combining neuroscience and more traditional tools
- Ways to discuss with management why you should or shouldn't use neuroscience based tools
- A look into the future: what does it hold
Add to favorites
Email this page